The Easiest Most Tasty Vegan Spelt Banana Bread!

Sunday, October 12, 2014

easiest tastiest vegan spelt flour chocolate chip banana bread

One of my baking obsessions is banana bread. I've loved it ever since I first found about it, when I was about 21 - 4 years ago XD - and it's the only baking good I've kept going even in the periods that I wasn't actively baking! For the past couple of years I've been trying to introduce more wholesome meals and ingredients in my diet, and some of the things I did was using whole spelt flour as my baking flour of choice.

For the past few months I couldn't really get a banana bread to be good in all its senses: moist, tasty, sweet with some flares of saltiness and fluffy! It was always too dense or too dry or poor in taste or something... that was up until a couple of weeks ago when I finally made my perfect recipe! And today I want to share it with you, because it's just too delicious! This banana bread tastes amazing and I can say that it's even better than the one's I used to make with eggs and butter and the whole shebang!

easiest tastiest vegan spelt flour chocolate chip banana bread


· INGREDIENTS ·

· 1 + 3/4 cup whole spelt flour
· 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 2 tsp cinnamon - I know it's a lot, but it's part of what makes it delicious!
· 1/4 tsp coarse salt
· 2 ripe medium bananas
· 3/4 cup sweetened or unsweetened almond milk - depends on your sweet tooth!
· 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
· 1 + 1/4 tsp vanilla extract - again, up to your taste!
· 1 tsp red wine or apple cider vinegar
· My chunks of choice: 3/4 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chunks + 3/4 cup chopped walnuts


· DIRECTIONS ·

· Preheat oven at 350ºF/175ºC and lightly grease a loaf tin or mould with some olive or coconut oil.
· In a big bowl combine all dry ingredients (flout, sugar, baking soda and powder, cinnamolt and salt) and mix with a spoon or spatula! Leave the chunks of choice aside for now!
· Make a well in the middle of the bowl.
· Mush the bananas - by  hand - in the well.
· Add on top all other liquid/wet ingredients (oil, vanilla and vinegar) and mix again with a spoon or spatula!
· Once everything is kinda mixed - mix roughly until you don't see dry ingredients around - add your chunks of choice and mix just a bit! This time I used 3/4 cup of chocolate chunks and 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts - last time I only used 3/4 cup of chocolate chunks and it was still delicious!
· Place the loaf in the oven in the middle rack and bake for 40 to 45 minutes! Check at 40 to see how it's doing.
· Once is finally cooked leave it in the oven at least half an hour with the door open or just leave it outside.
· Enjoy!


Try it and tell me what you think! Of course everything is customisable to everyone's taste, you can opt out the chocolate chips or the walnuts or both! Maybe add hazelnuts or almonds instead, or plain without any extra! It will still taste amazing, I swear!


facebook ♥ instagram ♥ twitter ♥ pinterest ♥ rss ♥ bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

`