DIY narrow vanity | IKEA solutions

Sunday, June 8, 2014


I wanted a vanity, fact. Until now I stored all my makeup in the closet with my clothes, as I didn't have any space where I could put all my things and do my makeup without bothering anyone else!

Where my makeup used to live

The bedroom is the only place where I could put a vanity, but non fit my narrow closet/hall, so I had to come up with something. My first instinct was to check out shelves from IKEA, as I have some and I thought it could work! That's when I came across the EKBY ALEX, little sister from my beloved ALEX... it looked like the perfect fit for my closet, so with that I went on the hunt for the shelf to make my own narrow and cute vanity!

I also got 4 legs from the hardware store and a mirror from IKEA. As I am renting this flat, I try not to make too many holes on the walls, and so, I went with legs instead of some handy brackets for the shelf and with stick on mirrors.


I have to say, this is the perfect vanity for me. I completely love it, and those drawers come in super handy ( pun intended ). All in all, one of the best ideas I've ever had! Also this project wouldn't have been possible with the help of my boyfriend, who build the vanity for me ( weak arms here ).

Where do you store your makeup?

facebook ♥ instagram ♥ twitter ♥ pinterest ♥ rss ♥ bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

`